WHAT IS A CLINICAL TRIAL?
Clinical trials look at new ways to prevent, detect, control or treat a disease. The goal is to find a new test or therapy that is safe and effective. It is important to have many types of people with different ages, races, ethnicities and genders to see how different people response to treatment.
WHY PARTICIPATE IN A CLINICAL TRIAL?
- Obtain expert medical care from experienced physicians at SFCRI.
- Gain access to new and innovative treatments which are not available to the public
- All medication and procedures are provided at no cost
- No medical insurance needed or required
- Compensation for time and travel
RISKS & BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING IN A CLINICAL TRIAL
- Possible side effects.
- Chance of being placed on a placebo.
- The experimental treatment may not be effective for the participant.
- Gain access to new therapies and devices.
- Help to increase treatment options for future generations.
- Potential for personal benefit.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE TRIAL?
After a trial has been completed, the data will be collected to determine whether or not the drug is effective and safe.
Researchers will then determine whether or not they can move to the next phase of the trial. After Phase III of a trial is
complete, researchers will decide if the results are medically important. If so, the researchers may submit the results to a
journal for peer-review. The data may also be submitted to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for approval.
IS RESEARCH FOR ME?
Clinical research trials are for everyone! These research trials provide individuals with the chance to improve their overall quality of life and the opportunity to contribute to the discovery of new and improved medications.
To be eligible to participate, you MUST meet the requirements for that particular trial. After speaking to one of our specialists, you will know whether or not you fit the trial criteria.
Our staff is available to answer ANY questions that you may have about the process of participating in a clinical trial.
We do our absolute best to work with your busy schedules to accommodate study visits that are best for you.
Phone: (954) 582-7007
Fax: (954) 580-8085
2964 N State Road 7, Suite
200 Margate, FL 33063